Wednesday 23 March 2011

Love Handles...



If someone were to ask three things that play center stage in my life it would be food , food and yes you guessed it right food. I wonder how it managed to escape, even a fleeting mention in my first blog. But as wise old men, and women(see I am not a sexist) say “der aaye durust aaye”

My affinity for this life sustainer is definitely more than normal and explains my love handles to some extent. I like to think of myself as a person with a multi-cultural tooth…have not stayed within the realms of having a sweet tooth only.. “me” has diversified into other areas as well.. I have a Chinese tooth for sure…and also a Thai and Mexican one… and this list could go on and on…

After recently being anointed as a vegetarian, I fear I have shut my doors to about half (if not more!) of the things, this fine world has to offer. But then, I am ready to contend with the greener half, in lieu of the positive feeling I get after becoming a convert

The idea of fine dining holds special appeal to me..so does trying out local delicacies when I travel to new places. In fact, part of the blame for me being such a foodie, would go to my family. I remember that in our trip to leh, like in most of our trips, me and my sis were busy planning out our itinerary for lunches and dinner 24X7..always rearranging and rescheduling… like those travel  trips u book from cheap and not so recommended travel agents…

I would trade Vir Sanghvi’s job for anything… Imagine what this guys get paid for… for eating and sleeping in 5 stars and then writing of it… Well, I have been contemplating on a job change for long now, guess  I should be aiming for the bull’s eye this time around….TV shows in the genre that go recommended by me are MasterChef Australia and Highway on my plate. Enough of this writing… I guess..its time for me to shake a leg and try to gid rid of my love handles..  

2 comments:

  1. Very well thought & written... My love for food is almost like yours..The only difference is that the food reciprocates its love for me by staying with me and leading to weight gain....:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written.
    The Vegetarian food is quite addictive, I have been loyal and very much in love with it since birth...

    ReplyDelete